Be your own designer and join us on the catwalk!
In February 2015, you will have a chance to show off your creativity in making a runway sensation out of reuse materials! Do you like to transform existing clothing into something new? Can you envision a skirt out of recycled materials? Or, a suit out of newspaper? Have you ever considered how you might use your leftover dryer sheets? There is really no end to the ideas. For the 2nd Annual Hatch Trashion Show, plan to strut your stuff! You can sign up on your own or as a group and there are several categories in which to enter.
Have you ever even heard of a Trash-fashion Show?
Check out these links to see other community shows!
When and where is the 2015 Hatch Trashion Show?
The Hatch Trashion Show 2015 will take place on Friday, February 27, 2015, at 6 pm at Lincoln Square Mall, 201 Lincoln Square, Urbana, IL 61801. It is open to the public to attend at no charge!
Ready to register? Click here!
Need more inspiration?
It’s all in the details…
There will be 5 divisions of designers and 3 designer age categories.
- Altered Clothing: Garments that are made from 60% or more reused clothing and/or fabric that the designer alters or modifies to create a new look.
- Accessories: Shoes, purses, hats, jewelry, etc. Unwearable accessories will be put on display the night of the show.
- Unconventional Materials: Garments that are made primarily from materials that are not seen in the clothing industry.
- New this year! Paper (85% or more made from recycled paper of any kind).
- Open: The designer is 10 or younger and uses any variety of reuse materials in a creative way.
All applicants must strive to use as much re-purposed material as possible on their garments. Please be able to identify the sources for your materials. Garments must NOT be revealing. The Trashion Show Committee reserves the right to deny any outfit or design from being highlighted in the show. All designers must provide their own models, hair and make-up.
Designer Age Categories:
- 10 and Under
- 11 – 17
- 18 and older
Different from our first show last year, there will be no judging of entries this year in 2015.
The “Fine Print”!
Please read carefully to make sure you can commit!
- All designers must submit the on-line registration form.
- If you want to enter more than one garment, a separate registration is required for each garment. Accessories entered by themselves without a garment will be considered a separate registration. if you enter a garment and want to accessorize it with additional pieces, there is no need to register those accent piece(s).
- Please note: a non-refundable fee of $15 for each registration is required. When you click the “submit” button at the end of this form, you will automatically be redirected to a payment screen. You can pay via PayPal or with your credit card as shown on the payment screen. If you have any trouble with this registration process, just send us a note at Hatch@the-idea-store.org.
All registrants will be notified of their successful registration again through an email to the email listed on your application. Please be sure that you have an accurate email address on the registration application form and that your email inbox is set to accept emails from Hatch@the-idea-store.org.
The DEADLINE for registration entries is February 12, 2015. You must register each entry separately. If you are making accessories to go with a garment, you can just register the garment only.
Once you have completed your registration make sure you mark down these 4 important deadlines so that you can be in the show:
- February 12, 2015: Your garment design description is due to the Hatch Trashion Show Committee.
- February 18, 2015: Your photos of your current garment are due to the Hatch Trashion Show Committee so we can see your progress. It doesn’t have to be completed by this date, just on its way.
- February 26, 2015: Your entry(ies) must be complete. There is a MANDATORY rehearsal. Both the designer and their model must attend with the completed entry(ies). If you are making an accessory you must still attend and bring your completed creation for us to see.
- February 27, 2015: The Hatch Trashion Show! All models and designers must report by 4:30 pm for the garment to go down the runway!
Failure to meet any of these deadlines will disqualify you from the show. Please make sure you meet them!
Ready to register? Click here!
Once you have submitted your registration and fee, you will receive more detailed information about next steps! Thank you!